Company Secretary / Registered Office Services Only

Company Secretary / Registered Office Services Only

Company Secretarial Service:

Freehold Management Services Ltd are pleased to offer this service to a private limited company (residential management company) to act as the company secretary, the company secretaries role is to maintain the registered office, comply with rules regarding the AGM and Board meetings including uploading all relevant data to companies house.

They are frequently involved in ensuring the company is legally compliant and negotiating with outside advisors e.g. lawyers.

Keeping company records and documents Every company must keep official records and these are usually delegated to the company secretary. They include registers of:

  • indemnities
  • service contracts
  • debenture holders
  • registers of directors
  • registers of members
  • records of resolutions
  • registers of secretaries
  • contracts relating to purchase of own shares
  • interests in shares disclosed to public company
  • instruments creating charges and register of charges
  • documents relating to redemption or purchase of own shares out of capital by a private company
  • report to members of outcome of investigation by a public company into interests in its shares Members of the public have the right to inspect these records.

You must keep the records available for public inspection at either your company's registered office or at a single alternative inspection location that must be notified to Companies House.

It is recommended that you have a system for record-keeping, so you can be sure your company is meeting its legal requirements. In the case of private companies, someone wishing to inspect company records must normally give at least ten days notice. However, this is two days if it's in the run-up to a company meeting or during the four weeks for consideration of a written resolution.

You must also keep minutes of board meetings and general meetings and you should also keep official documents secure. You may need these, for example, to open a bank account. They include:

  • the Certificate of Incorporation recording the formation of the company
  • the Memorandum and Articles of Association setting out the purpose of the company and how it must be run
  • copies of the accounts
  • share certificates and stock transfers
  • any directors service contracts

 You must also provide information in addition to what you must send to Companies House:

  • you must send copies of the accounts to every shareholder, holders of debentures and persons entitled to receive notice of general meetings before they are filed with the registrar of companies.
  • you must allow shareholders to inspect the minutes of a general meeting, and to have a copy of them
  • any member of the public can ask for a copy of the register of shareholders


For more information about our Company Secretarial Service , please call us on 01752 603900 or email us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • Posted in:
  • FMS


Don Gerrard